4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2012 9:21 AM by RyanCourville

Portal Field Printing

RyanCourville

Title

Portal Field Printing

Hey

I made a delivery ticket that pulls info from a work order by PO#.

The DT has 13 portal rows but lets say I have 16 Work Orders which will create 16 rows on the DT.

How do I get them to print all the rows like 1 -13 page 1 and then 14-16 page 2.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 1. Re: Portal Field Printing
          philmodjunk

The solution is not to use a portal for printing.

Instead, set up a list view layout based on the portal's table. You can add fields from the parent table to the header and footer of this layout to complete the design of the layout to show all the data you need.

To use this layout, you employ a script from a button on the original layout that either performs a script or uses go to related record to pull up a found set of the records shown in the portal.

Take a look at how invoices with their portal to line items are printed in this demo file: http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/309136/

• 2. Re: Portal Field Printing
            RyanCourville

Hey

Here is a screen cap of what my DT looks like.

I got it so when you input the PO# it auto populates the portal field with info pulled from a workorder.

Also the PO pulls in the Customer name as well.

What happens is we use 1 workorder per job so they can have 8 workorders with the same PO#. And all

the workorders are then put on 1 or 2 DT's it size allows.

Whats happening is lets say there are 16 workorders which will mean 16 descriptions on the DT. My DT only

has 13 rows. How can I get my DT to have like a print page one 1-13 and page two 14-16.

I looked at the invoices but thats kinda what I have implemented I think.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 3. Re: Portal Field Printing
              philmodjunk

What you have in the screen shot is a portal. The demo changes layouts to a different layout based on the portal's table and thus prints from a layout that does not contain any portals. The portal in the demo file is uses solely for data entry.

• 4. Re: Portal Field Printing
                RyanCourville

K thanks I am going to look into it and see what I can do.

Thanks Again,

Ryan