4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 12:34 PM by Modulo

Portal Fields "not modifiable"

Modulo

Title

Portal Fields "not modifiable"

Hello,

I'm using Filemaker Pro 11, running Mac OS X Leopard. I'm relatively new to Filemaker, but feel very comfortable with the basics as I'm a quick learner. I'm building a database for a university doing pharmaceutical research. The database has three tables: one for compounds, one for batches of each compound, and one for tests run on samples from those batches.

So far it's worked great, but now I've hit a problem. I have a portal on the Compound layout that lists the tests run on that compound and one on the batches layout that lists the tests on that batch of the compound. However, though I've set up the relationships to allow the adding of records through the portals, whenever I try to add a new test i get the error "This action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable." I haven't touched permissions for this database yet, so I know that's not the problem. And I can't understand why it's not working, as I've got another portal on the Compound layout that lets me add new batches just fine. 

Any help you guys could offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben