AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal Filtering

Question asked by morganbleak on Mar 21, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 by morganbleak

Title

Portal Filtering

I need a little help writing a calculation that will filter out unrelated records in a portal.

My portal shows software key numbers and software version records that will pertain to an application.  Because the records are all from the same portal table I see the versions and keys in all of the photoshop, lightroom, etc., application records.

I am thinking of a way like this:

if ( Get ( ScriptParameter )  ≠ Software::_KP_Software_ID ; In this result area I don't know what to put that will show or not show the related records.

Maybe I could use the Case function.

I guess I don't know why this portal would be showing records from another record, it happens when I click on a button run by a script called "Add Line Item".

The script is :

Freeze Window

Set Variable [$PrimaryKeySoft; Value:Software::_KP_Software_ID]

Go to Layout ["Software Portal" (Software Portal)]

// New Record/Request

Set Field [Software Portal::_kf_Software_id; $PrimaryKeySoft]

Go to Layout [original layout]

Go to Field [Software Portal::Version Number]

Go to Portal Row [Last]

Exit Scrit []

What I want it to do is to place the cursor in the portal's empty first box for quick entry of data, bringing the row up to be seen.  I did't use the "New Record/Request because it was giving me two rows.  It seemed to work but now I think it might be the reason when I enter on a another record that it is cutting a record from another one and placing it in the current record.  I hope I am explaining this so that it is understood.

Thanks,

Morgan

Outcomes