1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 8:49 AM by philmodjunk

Portal Filtering  but calculation do not add up

user14040

Title

Portal Filtering  but calculation do not add up

Using sum total to get total pieces that works fine but when I use a portal filter all records = "Yes" the total stays the same as if it was seeing all records. How do I fix?

Problems is the month of January could have Yes but in the Month of February January records are all listed as "No" and February will list "Yes"

The totals reflects all records Yes and No when I just want totals with "Yes"

Thanks

• 1. Re: Portal Filtering  but calculation do not add up
          philmodjunk

Calculation fields such as your Sum function evaluate at the data level. The portal filter evaluates at the layout, or "presentation" level so filters do not affect how calculation fields evaluate.

Define a summary field in the portal's table to compute the sum of the same field you summed with the sum function.

Put a one row portal to the same portal table on your layout. Give it the same filter expression and put this summary field inside the portal. Unlike your calculation field, this summary field will show the correct total for your filtered records.