3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2015 5:22 PM by philmodjunk

Portal Filtering Checkboxes

MartinBishop

Title

Portal Filtering Checkboxes

Hi,

I am trying to filter a portal by check boxes.... For example, a product might have boxes  "Season 1, Season 2, Season 3" checked.

If "Season 1" is selected show all Season 1, even if that product has several other boxes selected.

Here is how I am currently doing it, and appreciate the help! Thanks!

CheckboxField (Products::SeasonLinePlan)

• Value List of: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, etc.

Filtering Menu (Projects::_PortalFiltering)

• Value List of: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, etc.

Portal Filter (Works fine when only 1 box is checked, not when multiple)

• (Products::Status = "New") and (Products::SeasonLinePlan = Projects::_PortalFiltering)

• 1. Re: Portal Filtering Checkboxes
          philmodjunk

Not IsEmpty ( Filtervalues ( CheckboxFieldHere ; CheckBoxValueHere ) )

will evaluate as true if the value of CheckboxValueHere is selected in the field named CheckboxFieldHere.

But there's an easier way:

Use the checkbox formatted fields as match fields in your relationship instead of trying to craft a very complex portal filter to achieve the same result.

• 2. Re: Portal Filtering Checkboxes
            MartinBishop

Thank you for the help, the filtervalues worked perfectly...

Looking to further filter my portal. I have two fields below and I would like to show portal items based on their selection and calculation.

GlobalCalcField: Projects::CurrentSeasonYear = “Season 16”

ValuePopupField: Projects::SeasonLaunchPortalFilter = “Season 15”

If Season 16 > Season 15, show items with fields: Products::Status = "New" or Products::Status = "Carryover" or Products::Status = "Development" or Products::Status = "Canceled" or Products::Status = "Discontinued" and Products::SeasonLinePlan ; Projects::SeasonLaunchPortalFilter

or

Slightly different filter… Here is what I am using:

((Projects::CurrentSeasonYear > Projects::SeasonLaunchPortalFilter)

and

(Products::Status = "New" or Products::Status = "Carryover" or Products::Status = "Development" or Products::Status = "Canceled" or Products::Status = "Discontinued")

and

not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( Products::SeasonLinePlan ; Projects::SeasonLaunchPortalFilter ) ))

or 

((Projects::CurrentSeasonYear ≤ Projects::SeasonLaunchPortalFilter)

and

(Products::Status = "New" or Products::Status = "Carryover" or Products::Status = "Development" and Products::ImageVisibility = "Enabled")

and

not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( Products::SeasonLinePlan ; Projects::SeasonLaunchPortalFilter ) ))

• 3. Re: Portal Filtering Checkboxes
              philmodjunk

Do you have a question about that?

Do you realize that the text "Season 2" is greater than "Season 16"?