AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal filtering problem

Question asked by Gecho on Apr 29, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Portal filtering problem

Hi,

I have several tables feeding into one form through the use of portals. The main form is Accounts, the sub tables are invoices, expenses etc.

In the Accounts table I have Field "month" and in the sub tables I have Field "date" and then Field "Month", which is a calculation month = month(date).

The tables are all linked through the Field "Month"

What I am trying to achieve is for the accounts form, through a different tab for each table, to display a portal with one months transactions. Although there is data in the expenses table, this is not showing up through the Accounts form in the relevant month (or any month for that matter!).

In the portal filter I have Expenses::Month = Accounts::Month and I am thinking that this might be part of the issue. The expenses::month is text from a drop down menu and the Accounts::month is a calculation month(date).

I have tried all sorts and frankly have now confused myself a little (a lot) and still can't come to a workable solution.

I am using Pro11 on Windows 7 and I am 3 days into playing with Filemaker, so very new.

Please let me know if there is not enough information here to help and I will provide more. 

Thanks in advance

Outcomes