AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal Filtering Question

Question asked by MorkAfur on Jul 19, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2014 by MorkAfur

Title

Portal Filtering Question

This should be easy, but I'm trying to display a page where the user can view this month's line item work or last month's line items.

Naturally, the monthly items are in a portal.

FMP doesn't seem to make filtering portal records easy, especially in FIND Mode.

In any case, I created a portal filter like the one below:

BILLING_ITEMS::BILL_DATE = Month(Get(CurrentTimeStamp)) & "/" & "*" & "/" & Year(Get(CurrentTimeStamp))

Just trying here to wildcard the day so I see all the items with a BILL_DATE of July, 2014.

The portal show no records.

If I remove the portal filter, I see all the records for this month.

I'm doing this interactively at the moment, but in practice, I would need a script to update a global field so the portal filtering can be done dynamically. I'm sure that shouldn't be a performance problem since each portal's records would only have a few hundred records for any given month.

In any case, what's up with my attempt to wildcard the day?

If I use

BILLING_ITEMS::BILL_DATE <> Month(Get(CurrentTimeStamp)) & "/" & "*" & "/" & Year(Get(CurrentTimeStamp))

Then, the records show up, so I guess I'm doing something basically wrong.

I've tried this technique in a sample separate application (not with a portal, but filtering dates with this wildcard) and it works OK.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

-m

(it would be nice if I could just do a simple SQL to get the records I want and have the portal use that SQL as its data source!!!!)

Outcomes