2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 11:10 AM by DanaSadowski

Portal Help

DanaSadowski

Title

Portal Help

This seems like such a stupid thing, but I'm having trouble with setting up a new portal.  I've created it, added the fields from the correct related tables, etc, but when I save it and go to browse mode, all I can see is the portal itself.  when I click where the fields should be nothing happens.  it's been a while since i did any type of layout work and i'm sure i'm forgetting one silly step, but for the life of me can't figure it out.  any help for this FM11 user would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Portal Help
          philmodjunk

Sounds like you are trying to add new portal records by entering data into the portal. If you can't, open Manage | database | relationships and enable "allow creation of records via this relationship".  If this is enabled and it still does not work, please describe the relationship. Relationships based on X instead of =, for example, don't permit adding new portal records this way and you have to then use another method.

• 2. Re: Portal Help
            DanaSadowski

See, I knew it was something stupid I was forgetting to do.  Thanks Phil!