12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 11:39 AM by 4guito

Portal is not working

4guito

Title

Portal is not working

Hello Phil,

I attached the relationship and the portal pics. I created 3 different trips, somehow it shows that same trip 5x for each record in the portal.

What is wrong?

Portal_dia.JPG

• 1. Re: Portal is not working
          philmodjunk

In layout setup, what is selected in "Show Records From"?

If you go to layout mode and check the lower left corner of the porta, what text is shown there?

If you click on each field in the portal's row one at a time, what do you see in "Display data from" in the inspector's data tab?

• 2. Re: Portal is not working
            4guito

In Layout setup, "Reservation Self" is selected. All of the fields are pulling from Reservation self except  Name is pulling from Clients and Address is pulling from PU_Locations and DO_Locations.

I need to show both PU_Locations and DO_Locations in each row as when I do the round trip it should show the addresses in reverse order.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Portal is not working
              philmodjunk

There are several problems.

If the layout is based on "Reservation Self", the reservation fields in the portal row should be from Reservation, not Reservation self.

You appear to have this relationship:

Reservations Self::TransportDate > Reservations::gTransportDateStart AND
              Reservations Self::TransportDate < Reservations::gTransportDateEnd AND
              Reservations Self::gStatus = Reservations::gStatus

If all the field field names starting with g are fields with global storage specified, this relationship cannot work. THe date fields need to trade places and gStatus must match to a non global status field with values specific to each record:

Reservations Self::gTransportDateStart > Reservations::TransportDate AND
              Reservations Self::gTransportDateEnd < Reservations::TransportDate AND
              Reservations Self::gStatus = Reservations::Status

Note: I am assuming that the portal lists "Reservations" in the lower left corner when you check it in layout mode.

• 4. Re: Portal is not working
                4guito

I did it as suggested, but now no data is showing.

Also I pull up the PU Address and the DO Address from PU_Locations::Address1 and DO_Locations::Address1. I don't think that the right tables to pull them from.

• 5. Re: Portal is not working
                  philmodjunk

My mistake, the inequality operators are reversed.

Reservations Self::gTransportDateStart < Reservations::TransportDate AND
                  Reservations Self::gTransportDateEnd > Reservations::TransportDate AND
                  Reservations Self::gStatus = Reservations::Status

• 6. Re: Portal is not working
                    4guito

I'm still not getting any data in those fields after I switch  the operators around.

and also, where should I pull the PU_Address1 and DO_Address1 from?

• 7. Re: Portal is not working
                      philmodjunk

There's no point in working with the address data until your portal displays the correct data.

I think you need to compare values and fields types on the match fields in this relationship.

gStatus, gTransportDateStart, gTransportDateEnd

all have global storage specified?

gTransportDateStart, gTransportDateEnd, and TransportDate are all of field type date?

gStatus and Status are the same field type?

inspect the actual data in these fields to confirm that they should match by status and fall in the specified date range.

As an experiment, you might try removing the status field from the relationship to see what happens. If this produces a list of reservations records in the correct date range, then there is something wrong with the values in gStatus and status that is keeping them from matching values.

You can also try removing the date fields from the relationship to see if you get records that correctly match by status.

Either test may help you narrow down the possible issues keeping it from working.

Also, make sure that you do not have a portal filter expression defined that is keeping the desired records from showing in your portal.

• 8. Re: Portal is not working
                        4guito

You are right Phil,

The problem is with the status. Once I remove it from the relationship, all the data show correctly even the round trip addresses.

But I need to fix the status relationship as I want to filter my trips. I want to be able to see only status that are check.

• 9. Re: Portal is not working
                          philmodjunk

Make sure that both status and gStatus are fields of type text.

• 10. Re: Portal is not working
                            4guito

They both are. gstatus=text, Global     and Status=text, indexed

• 11. Re: Portal is not working
                              philmodjunk

Hmmm, that should work. If you select more than one check box, each selected value is stored in the field separated by returns. When such a return separated list of values is used in a relationship, values on the other side of the relationship are matched to any one of the listed values.

Thus if you select "cancelled" and "no show", you should see all records in the specified date range that were marked cancelled OR no show.

If you enter layout mode and select the check box formatted field in the upper right corner, what do you see in Display Data From in the inspector.

• 12. Re: Portal is not working
                                4guito

My mistake I had it on status instead of gstatus. Everything work GrEaT!!

Thanks