I am building the contact management portion of my database and I want the ability to add multiple addresses.
Rather than designating 5 fields for each location Home, Home2, Work, Work2, Vacation, Other, etc, I set up a child table "Addresses" with the following fields:
- _fkContactID - Foreign Key
- Type - This is where the user would specify, or select from a value list, the location (Home, Work, etc.)
- isDefault - This field will designate whether this should be used as the default mailing address
- FullAddressCalc - If ( AddressLine2 = "" ; Type & " > " & AddressLine1 & ", " & City & ", " & State & " " & Zip ; Type & " > " & AddressLine1 & " - " & AddressLine2 & ", " & City & ", " & State & " " & Zip )
- This calcultion produces the full address string for use in an address list, (i.e. Home > 123 42nd St, New York, NY 10567
I have all of these fields inside of a single row portal and I want to be able to add addiditional addresses, and edit or remove existing addresses. I do not want the users to be able to scroll down in the portal or even know that it is a portal. I will put a portal list below that will list the FullAddressCalc for all addresses related to that contacted. Also if the user click on one of the address in the portal list, it should load up the data in the top portion for editing.
Please let me know if you need further clarification and thanks in advance for your help.