AnsweredAssumed Answered

portal list linked to permanent id

Question asked by MelindaCorey on Dec 8, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

portal list linked to permanent id

I hope I can explaiin what I need to do in way that makes sense... please bear with me, adn ask me questions if youneed clarification.  For the record I am on using FM Pro Advanced 11 on mac osX, am beginner-intermediate skill in FM.

We have a mailing list database the includes a Permanent ID field -- this field cannot be duplicated, everyone has a specific ID.  Years ago, the company assigned SSN for the permanent ID, but transistioned (for new people) to using FNameLnameZip for the permanent ID.  We still have a lot active accounts with the SSN, and we would like to get rid of all SSN in our DB.

The tricky part: our mailing list layout includes several portals that store course numbers for each individual -- linked to permanent id.  If I just change the permanent id, then I lose all record of the courses in which an individual participated, which also clears out information in a regitration database (also linked to the portal).

So, how do I change the permanent id without losing the inforamtion stored in the portal?

~Melinda

Outcomes