AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal not showing expected results

Question asked by JeffBroderick on Sep 14, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Portal not showing expected results

Portals and Table Occurrences have always been the most difficult pieces to understand on my journey to learn FileMaker more fully.

I have a solution where a Customer layout has an Orders portal and shows an order history of past orders - doing exactly what I think they should do.

Here's my problem with an Invoicing solution.

Customers---<Invoices---->Line items<---Products

The Invoice layout has a portal for entering Line Items and it works correctly.

My problem is I am trying to make a layout with a Tab Control that is similar to the Invoice Starter Solution.

I want to show All, Current, Overdue, and Paid - one in each tab with the contents filtered by each portal.

The closest I have been able to get, while getting the first portal for "All" going, is to use the Invoice Table on a layout with Line Items as the Portal.

I am using these fields currently:  Line Items::Invoice Number, Customers::Company Name, Line Items::Date Created, and Invoice::Total.

The output I get is only one invoice number and then the line item entries as they were entered on the invoice.

How do I get ALL the invoice numbers in the line item table to show up and also to overcome the separate line items with timestamp?

Am I better off just going into some type of List View or report for the output I'm looking for.  In the starter solution, it's not in a tab control but it is a portal. 

I guess I don't understand why all of the invoice numbers aren't showing up in the portal. I'm pretty sure I can get around the individual timestamps by just using an Invoice::invoice date field.

Portal2.png

Outcomes