2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 9:40 AM by BenjaminNeal

Portal only filtering sometimes

BenjaminNeal

Title

Portal only filtering sometimes

I have a portal that I use to display tasks that have been assigned to specific associates. Currently I filter them so that if the task status is "Complete" it gets removed from the portal list. This works fine.

Tasks::tStatus ≠ "Completed"

I also added a field to the tasks table, "parentProjectStatus" in hopes that I could filter out tasks that belong to projects that may have been cancelled or put on hold. The field is set to be equal to Projects::pStatus.

Tasks::tStatus ≠ "Completed" and
      Tasks::parentProjectStatus = "Current"

The problem is that the filtering doesn't always work. If I go to my projects layout and change the status of a project and come back the tasks are still listed in the portal even though the field "parentProjectStatus" has been updated to show the new status of the parent project in the portal rows.

If I modify any field value within one of tasks and come back the portal has now filtered the results.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Portal only filtering sometimes
          philmodjunk

As a test, try performing a script with this single step:

Refresh Window [Flush Cached Join Results]

If that forces your portal to update to show the correct records, then you can get the portal to update by changing the relationship on which your portal is based by including the tStatus and parentProjectStatus fields as match fields in the relationship.

Let's say that your current relationship for the portal to tasks looks like this:

Projects::__pkProjectID = Tasks::_fkProjectID

Try modifying it to be:

Projects::__pkProjectID = Tasks::_fkProjectID AND
               Projects::anyfield X Tasks::tStatus And
               Projects::anyfield X Tasks::parentProjectStatus

If that works, you might choose to remove the portal filter and just update your relationship to be:

Projects::__pkProjectID = Tasks::_fkProjectID AND
               Projects::constComplete Tasks::tStatus And
               Projects::constCurrent = Tasks::parentProjectStatus

constCurrent would be a calcluation field defined with this expression:

"Current"

constNotComplete would be defined as:

"Complete"

• 2. Re: Portal only filtering sometimes
            BenjaminNeal

Thank you Phil