9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2012 9:48 AM by philmodjunk

Portal problem

RedzwanLatif

Title

Portal problem

Hi. I have three tables named Patient, CheckIn/Out and Clinical. The tables are related:

Patient::pkpatientid = CheckIn/Out::fkpatientid

Clinical::pkclinicalid = CheckIn/Out::fkclinicalid

pk = Primary key

fk = Foreign key

There's a field called "Date" with auto-enter creation date. In the Clinical table layout, I want to put a portal to show the "Date" field from CheckIn/Out. So, I can show the dates that the patient has checked-in. For example, there is a patient record in the Patient table. The patient have already checked in for three times. So in the clinical layout, a portal will show the three dates he checked-in. How to do this? Do I need any occurrences?

Thank you :)

• 1. Re: Portal problem
          philmodjunk

What does one record in Clinical represent? I thought maybe one record for each day until you indicated that you wanted to see different dates for a given patient.

• 2. Re: Portal problem
            RedzwanLatif

The date is in the CheckIn/Out table. Then, I set a script to create a new record in Clinical table. It means that One patient record has many records in CheckIn/Out and CheckIn/Out has one record  in Clinical. 

• 3. Re: Portal problem
              philmodjunk

I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me when I read it.

Why do you need the clinical table?

And your relationship does not match what you have just posted. It indicates that for one record in clinical, there could be many records in checkIn/Out. If there is only one record in clinical for any one record in checkin/out, there is no need for the clinical table as far as I can tell from what you have posted.

• 4. Re: Portal problem
                RedzwanLatif

The table structure goes like this:

Patient::pkpatientid = CheckIn/Out::fkpatientid CheckIn/Out::fkclinicalid = Clinical::pkclinicalid 

• 5. Re: Portal problem
                  philmodjunk

WHich is a classic many to many relationship between patient and Clinical but is not consistent with "CheckIn/Out has one record  in Clinical" and does not answer the key question:

What is the purpose of the Clinical table?

• 6. Re: Portal problem
                    RedzwanLatif

In the clinical table, there are treatments, charting and other clinical things. It's for managing the patient's treatment detail for one appointment. The CheckInOut table stores the patient's check in and appointments history. I've attached the relationship screenshot.

• 7. Re: Portal problem
                      philmodjunk

You may find that this relationship has advantages:

PatientCheckInOut::__pkInOutID = PatientClinical::_fkInOutID so that you can use multiple records to document the clinical details of a given patient visit.

Since your relationship between clinical and checkin/out currently is one to one there is one and only one record from that table that you can display unless you define a new relationship that matches by different data. (This would also be true of the other relationship that I am suggesting may be useful.)

Example 1:

PatientClinical::anyField X AllPatientCheckInOut::anyfield

With a portal filter that filters to one specific _fkPatientID

or

PatientClinical::_fkPatientID = AllPatientCheckInOut::_fkPatientID

Either makes it possible to list all PatientCheckInOut records for one patient in a portal to AllPatientCheckInOut on the PatientClinical layout. Both require adding an new ocurrence of PatientCheckInOut to your relationship graph.

• 8. Re: Portal problem
                        RedzwanLatif

Which table should I assign this layout? And which field so I need to filter?

• 9. Re: Portal problem
                          philmodjunk

you indicated that you needed this on a layout based on PatientClinical.

A portal filter on example 1 would filter for a specific patientId in the AllPatientcheckInOut table occurrence.