2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 11:06 AM by mgores

Portal problem

mgores

Title

Portal problem

I know I am missing something simple here.  I have a portal on a layout that allows the user to enter test data. SN, result!, result2, result3, etc.

I have the portal relationship set up to allow creation of records in the Data table and linked by MasterID and PortalID.  For layouts that use more than one portal there are separate TOs of Data for each portal and PortalID is set by global fields for 1, 2 or 3 depending on the TO used.

The issue is the one layout I have so far that uses only 1 portal allows creation of a new record in Data, but as soon as that record is commited the portal shows 2 rows with that data and will not allow creation of another.

I have another layout that has 2 portals and it is working as expected.

• 1. Re: Portal problem
          philmodjunk

To confirm: You see two rows of exactly the same data, not one row of data followed by a blank add row?

If that's the case, I'd enter find layout mode and click on each field in the portal row and check the text shown to the left of the :: in the Inspector's Display Data From box. Does this text match the name shown in Portal Setup | Show Related Records From for the portal?

My guess is that they do not and that they should. Perhaps you used Portal Setup to redirect the portal to a different table occurrence and then failed to update the fields to redirect them to the new table occurrence.

• 2. Re: Portal problem
            mgores

I knew it was something simple.  I was trying to figure out how to discriminate between data entered from different layouts and figured it was easiest to create a separated TO for each layout, i.e. one TO for hermeticity since it uses one portal and two for X-ray since it uses two portals.

I created the new TOs and changed the portal's "show records from" but missed changing the fields on that one portal.

Thanks Phil.