1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 9:21 AM by philmodjunk

Portal Problems for Related Database Files

AnnetteRoman

Title

Portal Problems for Related Database Files

I currently have several databases (SOQs, Vendor Firms, TC References, & Projects). I've created relationships between them. I am trying to have information from all the databases show up on the different databases through portals. I seem to have it working through one (SOQs Portal in Vendor Firm Database) relationship I've created, but the other two portals I'm working on in two other databases do not seem to be working properly. One isn't showing the information at all (Vendor Firm Portal in Projects Database) while the second isn't updating the portal information without me shutting FileMaker down (TC References Portal in Vendor Firm Database). 

• 1. Re: Portal Problems for Related Database Files
          philmodjunk

I currently have several databases (SOQs, Vendor Firms, TC References, & Projects).

I would guess that you have multiple tables in a single file. A database can be a single file with a single table, a single file with many tables, many files with one table each or many files with many tables each....

To get help with your portals, you'll need to describe what you did when you tried to set them up. What relationship did you define? On a layout based on what table did you add the portal? Did you specify a filter expression for that portal? What data do you have in the match fields you specified in the relationship? Do they really match values?