2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 3:30 PM by markhutch

portal question - I think!

markhutch

Title

portal question - I think!

I'm brand new to Filemaker - using Pro 10.

I have two tables: if_tables and if_rules. if_rules is related to the parent if_tables by a field called tag_name. I've created a layout using if_tables and added a portal that pulls in the if_rules where tag_name is same in both.

There are many fields in if_rules so I want to have only 1 if_rule record displayed at a time. I used Layout to position the fields in columns etc.

The portal has a vertical scroll bar.

Here's the problem: I can use the next/previous buttons in the main toolbar to select records from if_tables. When I get to a tag_name in if_tables that has >1 if_rules with a matching tag_name I can use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down the list.

However, if I click the up/down arrows on the vertical scroll bar on the portal, a duplicate record of the parent if_table is made for every click!

Help! ... please :) 

• 1. Re: portal question - I think!
          mrvodka
             This is not normal behavior. Are you sure that you dont have a script trigger running?
          • 2. Re: portal question - I think!
            markhutch

I've looked everywhere I can find for triggers but I'm pretty sure that none are active. I certainly haven't added any.

Well, what do you know ... I just re-checked the portal box and a few fields and the Browse was ticked in the Script/Triggers menu. Even though no scripts were configured - just enabling them within Browse mode seems to do something. I've unchecked the Browse enabler in the Script/Trigger menu and I can now, at least, browse without creating duplicate parent records!!

This now shows up another issue - which I'll re-post as a new thread.

Thanks for the heads-up on the script/trigger - even though none were configured to do anything!