3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 3:02 PM by TSGal

Portal questions

Not

Title

Portal questions

I made up a file with many tables and I use to add register to different table through portals. When I use data base in my computer (Mac) everything is OK but when I webpublishing data base I can't see portal and add registers through web. Any suggestions?  Thanks

• 1. Re: Portal questions
          TSGal

Not:

Thank you for your post.

If you are able to add records to a portal in FileMaker Pro, and if you are accessing the file with the same password, you should be able to add records via Instant Web Publishing.

Is it possible you are logging in with a different password?  Is it possible you have a second layout that looks similar to the original layout that doesn't contain the portal?

Create a new layout, add a portal and a field.  Go to that layout in Instant Web Publishing?  Do you have the same problem?  If not, you could have a layout that is corrupt, or some objects that are corrupt on the layout.  Try removing the portal and replacing it with the same portal?  Does this then work?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Portal questions
            Not

TSGal, Thanks for info.

Situation is as follow: I've got different layout in the same data base. Some of these layouts contains portal. We are not able to add registers through Instant web publishing and at the office all of them work perfect.

What I want is that salesman and technician working away the office be able to add registers with diferent login and password. 

Any suggestion? 

• 3. Re: Portal questions
              TSGal

Not:

Thank you for the clarification, and I apologize for the late reply.

There are numerous factors to consider, so it would be easier if I look at your file directly.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.