2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 12:49 PM by EdgarGarcia

Portal records

EdgarGarcia

Title

Portal records

hi friends,

i have a problem with portal records.

i have a table called "customers" and a layout called "search_customers" and a field called "Seachname"

i have a field with relationship with the field "name" in the  table "CustomersDB".

i need the the field "Seachname"  search automatically throught a portal the name.

for example if a enter roger in my field in my portal appears all the rogers.

can i do this.

help me pleaswe

• 1. Re: Portal records
          philmodjunk

This method only works with FileMaker 11:

Change your relationship for the portal to:

Customers::anyField x PortalOccurrence::anyfield  (I'm using POrtalOccurrence as I don't know the name you've used here.)

This matches any record in Customers to all records in PortalOccurrence

Now add a portal filter to your portal:

IsEmpty ( Customers::SearchName ) or Customers::SearchName = left ( PortalOccurrence::Name ; length ( customers::SearchName ) )

Use the OnObjectModify trigger on Customers::SearchName to run this script:

Commit Records
          Refresh Window [Flush Cached join results]

This script forces the portal to update with each character entered/changed in the searchname field.

Here's a demo file that uses this method (lower left portal) as well as demonstrates a slightly different method for partial text matching in a portal (lower right portal): http://www.4shared.com/file/plr_jbkk/EnhancedValueSelection.html

• 2. Re: Portal records
            EdgarGarcia

very good but have any solution without refresh windows my windows appers ...