3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 3:43 PM by pharley

Portal records and go to related record

DataCzar

Title

Portal records and go to related record

I have a portal that that returns all the invoice data from invoices.  On the portal records rows I added a go to related record that allows the user to see additional information in a new layout about each invoice data line item.

I am having an issue. The button that uses go to related record appears to only be working on the most recent row added.  Doe anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening?

• 1. Re: Portal records and go to related record
          SteveMartino

Make sure the entire button is contained in the portal row, and not above, below or hanging off of the portal row, in layout mode. I suspect the button isn't entirely in the portal row. Drag the button completely out of the portal, and then back into the portal row.  Also you may have to make the button a little smaller.  

• 2. Re: Portal records and go to related record
            philmodjunk

A good check is to drag the portal a few pixels while in layout mode. The button should move when the portal moves. (Unless you are using FileMaker 11 or older...)

If that's not the case, you'll need to share your relationships and the precise details of you Go To Related Records script step.

• 3. Re: Portal records and go to related record
              pharley

I am having the same problem.  Mine is with a script trigger from a cell in the portal row  Again I can't get it to go to a related record, it goes to the first record in the related group.  It is not a problem of having the cell outside the portal line.  I can get it to work by "setting tab order" and telling the field which is triggering the "Go to related record" script to tab to another cell on the portal line but then I can't get it to reference the cell which has just had data entered.  In short I do not want to have to use the tab order method, I want the focus to stay on the cell into which I have just input data.