2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 11:30 AM by LoriBode

Portal records and Reports

LoriBode

Title

Portal records and Reports

My database is for a non-profit. I have a portal that stores donations. When there are many (some donors have up to 30 donations from different years) I don't know how to only show the most recent donation in a report.

For example: I created a report that pulls the fields from my donations portal (date of donation, amt, reason-etc) and fields from the main table (name,contact info, etc). The issue is that this report is to show only the most recent donation and even when I sort portal records or do a find within the report - I can only see the oldest donation.

No idea if this makes sense.Any tips?

thanks

• 1. Re: Portal records and Reports
          philmodjunk

Is there a date field in each donation record?

Is this a report for one donor or many donors with only the most recent donation listed?

Since you only want to show the most recent donation, you can base the layout on the main table and can use a one row portal to donations sorted so that the most recent donation is listed first. If there's a date field in the donation record, you can sort by this date field in descending order to list the most recent donation first. If you don't have a date field, you could sort a serial Id field in descending order to get the same results.

• 2. Re: Portal records and Reports
            LoriBode

Thank you! it worked by adding a portal row and sorting descending like you said.

Its a report for just one donor and yes there is a date field in the donations records.

That was easy!