4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 10:29 AM by CarrieB.

Portal records not printing correctly

CarrieB.

Title

Portal records not printing correctly

I am at a loss. I am using a portal on a layout and when you browse, it looks great, but when you print, the records shift out of view. I don't have any sliding turned on for these fields. I've tried deleting the whole thing and starting over, but I can't make it work. Please see the attached screenshot showing the browsed view next to the printed version. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Screen_shot_2011-04-08_at_10.07.54_AM.png

• 1. Re: Portal records not printing correctly
          philmodjunk

That does look odd.

In layout mode, is there a line dividing the body from the header that makes contact with this portal? (Shot in the dark, but that's the first thing I'd look for here.)

If so, move it down so that it doesn't cross or touch this line and see if it makes a difference.

• 2. Re: Portal records not printing correctly
            CarrieB.

Nope. Could it be related to the sliding of objects around it? If I change the number of portal rows, it changes the shifting of the records. ?? 

• 3. Re: Portal records not printing correctly
              philmodjunk

Sliding shouldn't be an issue. Sliding will cause a portal to "shrink" to just the rows actually used, but it shouldn't result in what you have here where the first portal record is missing off the top of the portal row.

This isn't something I've seen before in my own systems nor have I seen any similar reports here in the forum. Try recovering the file and see if the recovered copy has the same issue.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
              2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
              3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

• 4. Re: Portal records not printing correctly
                CarrieB.

I removed the sliding choices on the fields to the left of these and it seems to have fixed the problem. I will play around with it some more. Thanks!