4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 8:33 AM by disabled_dconnect

Portal results

Title

Portal results

I have a portal that uses the code:

PatternCount ( client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT ; client table main table::LIVE PROJECT)

I put my LIVE PROJECT ID (10 for example) in the "client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT" field.

In the portal I see all the records that have 10 in the "client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT" field.

This is what I want.

My problem is when I do another project concurrently to project ID 10, and it is numbered 101 then it also shows up as it has the number 10 in 101.

The "client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT" field is currently set to have many project ID numbers in as I often have to do 3 or 4 at the same time. And the "client table main table::LIVE PROJECT" only ever has one number in it.

If the "client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT" only had one number in it that would be okay as I could just use the equals sign.

What I want is to use something similar to PatternCount ( client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT ; client table main table::LIVE PROJECT) but when I use 10 I don't also get 101 results in the portal.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Portal results
          philmodjunk

The "client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT" field is currently set to have many project ID numbers in as I often have to do 3 or 4 at the same time.

what separates one ID number from another in the field when you have more than one ID number in it?

• 2. Re: Portal results

Hi Phil,

Thanks, that's got me thinking about ways to sort this out.

The field is an edit field box field and the ID numbers are separated by a new line/carriage return.

So the field looks like this:

With all these numbers being project ID numbers.

• 3. Re: Portal results
              philmodjunk

Then you can replace your use of Patterncount with the FIlterValues function. This will treat each return separated value as a discrete value.

Not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( client table main table 2::LIVE CLIENT ; client table main table::LIVE PROJECT) )

But a return separated list like this can also be used as a match field in a relationship to match to any of the listed values or you can replace it with a join table to get a true many to many relationship so you also have alternative approaches that you can consider.

• 4. Re: Portal results

Hi Phil,

Perfect, I made the changes and there is no pollution in my portal from other Project ID number that shouldn't be there.