4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 12:58 PM by derekwilson

Portal results vs complete list

derekwilson

Title

Portal results vs complete list

I have a Table of people which contains Tabbed portals of units completed via checkboxes, with additional tabs of complete modules (i.e. Set A, Set B, etc.). The tabbed portals display the completed units. I would like to display the available/required units with conditional formatting to display completed units...but I can not get the entire list (value list or TO) to display, only those checked.

I am sure it is in my Table relationship(s), but I have tried various methods to connect via another TO of units linked to people,  etc.

I am sure the answer is right in front of me, but I am stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Screen_Shot_2013-04-19_at_2.14.56_PM.png

• 1. Re: Portal results vs complete list
          philmodjunk

I have a Table of people which contains Tabbed portals of units completed via checkboxes,

I suggest explaining that in more detail. Note that none of yoru TO's is named "units". It's obvious to you but not necessarily to others what you mean by a unit and we don't know how you have employed checkboxes to show completion of those "units" nor what tables in your data model store that information.

• 2. Re: Portal results vs complete list
            derekwilson

Thank you for your prompt response. Sorry for the confusion. I created a simple version inhopes to clarify my problem. Let me try again:

Table people contains the serial IDs, names, and statusID fields.  A form layout of people contains courses, degrees, skills, and elective Tabs.

The courses Tab uses a control style of a checkbox(es) field of 14 items from people::statusID, using a value list that is populated from courses::__courseID & courses. When checked, the portals on the Degree, Skills, and Elective tabs display the "completed" courses and ONLY the completed (checked) courses.

I would like to display the available courses as a list, preferably as a portal, then apply conditional formatting to highlight courses completed.

Currently I can not display the entire list of courses, only the completed courses in reference to the people.

Any suggestions would be  greatly appreciated!

Derek

• 3. Re: Portal results vs complete list
              philmodjunk

From what I can tell, you have two tables, people and courses. A text field in People is formatted with a 14 value value list from Courses to show a student's status for each course.

Is that correct?

When checked, the portals on the Degree, Skills, and Elective tabs display the "completed" courses and ONLY the completed (checked) courses.

There's more than one way to do that. What method did you use?

• 4. Re: Portal results vs complete list
                derekwilson

I am using Portals to sort by People: Courses completed, then using another portal (on another tab) to display the courses within the Degree that have been completed via a filter sort:  courses::degrees = "core" (or the respective degree name). This works great, but I can not figure out how to override the sort tied by people to also list all the courses under each degree.

What I am trying to accomplish is a Portal dispaly all courses within a degree, then highlight those completed by student for a quick snap shot of what is left to complete using formatting (bold, colors, etc.). I know I can do this in a report, but I would prefer the flexibility of the Portal displays if possible.

Thank you again for your help.

Derek