3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 6:32 AM by philmodjunk

portal row delete line item

marksrv6

Title

portal row delete line item

I have a solution I wrote prior to FM14 and now I have upgraded to FM14 and the Script I used to delete a portal row (Record in the portal table) deletes the parent record on the main layout instead of the line in the portal. I have a button on the portal row attached to a script with this line in it "Delete Record/Request [No dialog]" this all worked fine in FM13, Is there another way in FM14

• 1. Re: portal row delete line item
          philmodjunk

There is also "delete portal row", but when I test FMP 14 with a portal and delete record from a button in the portal row, it correctly deletes the correct portal record I cannot reproduce what you are reporting here.

• 2. Re: portal row delete line item
            marksrv6

Thank you, I have changed the script to "delete portal row" and it works fine again now.

• 3. Re: portal row delete line item
              philmodjunk

Yet delete record should also work... It does for me. But if all you changed was delete portal row in the script, this should be documented in an Issue Report over in Report an Issue. It would help to share your actual script if you file that report:

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post a New Answer.
              3. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
              5. If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
              7. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.