5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2012 3:24 PM by projay

Portal Row Question

projay

Title

Portal Row Question

Is their a way to have a portal row that is seperate but the same?  Take look at the attached pic.  Trying to setup a deposit ticket print out.

-J

PORTAL_ROWS.jpg

• 1. Re: Portal Row Question
          philmodjunk

Put your first portal on the layout and set it up the way you want it. Then select it and all fields with in it and copy/paste it to make a copy.

Open Portal set up for the copy by double clicking it.

Change: Intial Row: 1, to Initial Row: 7 if your portal has 6 rows as shown in your image above.

The rows will fill down in the first portal and then "flow" into the second portal.

A variation of this method, using single row portals, is what we use to get a "horizontal portal" where the records are arranged horizontally instead of vertically.

• 2. Re: Portal Row Question
            projay

Hey Phil thanks for speedy response....much appreciated.

Should a deposit ticket for checks be setup as a seperate table with its own _pk linked to payments?

-J

• 3. Re: Portal Row Question
              philmodjunk

It sounds like a good idea if you want to list multiple checks in a portal on your deposit ticket to generate a single deposit transaction record in the parent table. This will be a lot like an invoice but with checks listed instead of items purchased.

• 4. Re: Portal Row Question
                projay

Ok...thats kind of what I thought...looks like another item added to my "to do list".

Thanks...-J

• 5. Re: Portal Row Question
                  projay

Well I finally got it all setup seems to be doing just what I needed it to do. Now I got to make some money and get some checks so that I can deposit it.  That may be little be harder than setting all this up...  TO layout attached.

Thanks Phil!

- J.