3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2014 1:49 PM by philmodjunk

Portal Row shows ?

DranLang

Title

Portal Row shows ?

I have set up a portal in one of my layouts and one of the fields in the portal is for displaying row number, I have a formula to calculate for the portal row and instead of displaying 1 in the first row it'll display 2 as its' initial value.  

The problem I have is that if the row reaches 138th row, the value that is being displayed is a ?.  I'm not sure what's wrong with the formula or I need to use another approach, which approach is the best and how can I do that?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Portal Row shows ?
          philmodjunk

138 rows in a portal is a lot of portal rows.

But the question mark is probably due to the field being too narrow. If you enter layout mode and make this field a little bit wider, the ? result should disappear replaced by the number value.

• 2. Re: Portal Row shows ?
            DranLang

Hi Phil,

I've tried expanding the width of the row (field) but still I'm getting the same ? result on every 138th row, below is a snapshot of what I'm getting.  Depending on the amount of records in a day, this portal could grow up to 200 rows or more.  

Thanks

• 3. Re: Portal Row shows ?
              philmodjunk

And if you click into the field, you still get a question mark?

Then it would appear, I am guessing, that you are using GetNthRecord in your calculation and you've reached a "recursion limit" in system resources.

There are other ways to number your portal rows--such as using Get ( RecordNumber ) in an unstored calculation field. Or even no field at all if you use the Record Number symbol added from the Insert menu.