4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 8:33 AM by BreitenbushIT

Portal Rows don't always Display Data properly using IWP (Instant Web Publishing)

BreitenbushIT

Title

Portal Rows don't always Display Data properly using IWP (Instant Web Publishing)

I am using relationships to display certain records within a portal row.  I use this in a number of areas within my database that is intended to be used via IWP.  Everything worked fine until I recently added another criteria to one of the relationships.  Now I am having an issue where when you first log into the database via IWP the portal row shows as empty (even though there should be data).  If you navigate to a different record, and then navigate back the data suddenly appears.  The issue is not present when using the database with Filemaker.

The first page that appears on login displays data from a Global table.  In the relationship graph the Global table is related to the Day table (date = date), and then the Day table is related to the Session table (date = date AND field1 NOT EQUAL TO field2).  The portal row that displays is showing data from the Sessions table.  

I have not been able to reliably replicate this issue when creating a new simple database.  Anyone have any ideas??  I am somewhat baffled by this.