AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal searched solved....

Question asked by synergy46 on Mar 13, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Portal searched solved....

I figured it out:  If you want to read the problem; read on.  The solution is below.  (I guess portals area for displaying data only and you can't Find in their contents)

I have 2 tables:

Members:

MemberID.pk

name

etc

History:

MemberID.fk

Event (text  drop-down list)

datee(date)

The Event and eventDate are on a portal and work well.

However, I need to search the Event field of the current Member, and if the string "-Dismissed" is found, to return the date of the event "-Dismissed".  

I have tried this eventTriggered script:

If [history::event="+Reinstatement (Dismissed)"]

Set Variable[$$recordnum; Value:history::MemberID.fk]

Enter Find Mode[]

Set field [history::event;"-Dismissed"] // This does NOT appear to happen???

Set field [history::MemberID.fk; $$recordnum]

Perform Find[]

Set Variable [$$found_date;Value:history::datee]

set field [history::Notes; $$found_date & "  " & history::notes]  // add the 'dismissed' date to the notes field

If I run a manual search by putting "-Dismissed as a search field and I get all records in the portal ????

Solution:

Apparently Portal records are 'read only'.  So, I had to create a separate layout with the necessary fields.  Then store the MemberID in a variable.  Find the MemberID and Event="-Dismissed".  This brings up the correct record.  Then set a varaible to the value of the date field.  Find again for the Event="+Reinstated (Dismissed)" and Member ID.  This brings up the record where I started.  Now I just SetField Notes with the value of datee & notes.   Done.

Outcomes