2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2014 5:39 PM by BillPlunkett

Portal Show list of possible donors to select for the Donation Screen

BillPlunkett

Title

Portal Show list of possible donors to select for the Donation Screen

I'm totally confused on something that should be simple.

I have a layout to record "Donations" and a portal that displays "Donors".  To make all donors in the donor table display in the portal I placed a constant field with a value of 1 in both the "Donor" table and the "Donations" table and created a relationship on those fields.  So far so good, all the donors list in the portal as desired.  But now I want the user to be able to enter search criteria in a search field to filter the portal.  Right now, just to get the process down, I will search only for LastName. With each keystroke in the search field, I want to list of donors in the portal to be restricted to those donors whose last name contains the search string.  (see screenshot).

Of course, what needs to happen when the display part works, is for the user to click on the donor in the table and have the associated donor ID placed in the DonorID field in the Donations record being displayed.

I have tried using PatternCount without success in the Portal Filter calculation.

How should I do this?

thanks!!

DonationSS.png