3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 7:03 AM by Orlando

Portal size

pickler

Title

Portal size

I have a portal set-up on a layout. How do I get the pictures to layout in a grid format rather than just one column?  I have about 15 pictures per record and I would like them to show up in 3x5 grid rather than just one. I tried to use the column set to 3, but it did not work. Any ideas

David 

• 1. Re: Portal size
          Orlando

Hi David,

Are each of the pictures a single record in a related table that you are viewing through the portal?

If so you can use settings in the Portal Setup dialog under 'Format' to specify the starting row and number of rows the portal will display from the initial row, so you could have three instances of the same portal on the layout, setting the 'Number of rows:' on all of them to 5m and then change the 'Initial row:' setting to 1 for the first, 6 for the second and finally 11 for the third.

This will then give you all 15 related record flowing through the three portals. 

Also switch off the vertical scroll bar for all but the last in so you only see any extra records in the last portal. 

I hope this helps

• 2. Re: Portal size
            pickler

Hi Orlando

That works perfectly.  Thank you for your help.  

David 

• 3. Re: Portal size
              Orlando
                 No worries David, glad I could help.