3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 8:21 AM by lucas_1

portal sliding

lucas_1

Title

portal sliding

hello one and all,

i have fm10advanced under osx snow leopard and win7.

i am trying to do a report with a portal on it.  i have a necessary field of contact name, line one, and an optional field of contact method, line two.  fm is setup to calculate "" for line two if the user options it off.  fine.

however, the portal that contains these lines will not slide up with line two has nothing in it.  so i have a lot of extra space on my report.  

i also tried it with a merge field that was two lines high in layout mode and the calculation had an optional carrier return to give the second line if it were present. the calculation with the option was working fine, however the portal did not slide there either.

so the portal did not slide/squeeze with two separate field or with a two line merge field.  i am not sure what to think at this point.  thank you in advance and have a Happy New Year.

lucas 

• 1. Re: portal sliding
          ninja

Howdy lucas,

You seem to be keying in on the portal.  Have you checked to make sure that the things below the portal (the things that you want to slide up into where the portal was) are also set to slide up?

Verify also that you've checked the box to reduce the size of the enclosing body part if that is appropriate.

• 2. Re: portal sliding
            comment_1
               A portal set to slide up will remove empty rows - but the row height remains constant. Why don't you print from the child table instead, with parent info in a sub-summary?
            • 3. Re: portal sliding
              lucas_1
                 yes, that worked great, as you can see, i am still getting the feel of fm.  slowly, i am getting my head around how it works.  it is quite different from what i am used to, i.e., delphi, etc.  thank you again.