2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2010 12:38 PM by RonCates

Portal Sort Question

RonCates

Title

Portal Sort Question

I am working with a TO group as follows:

Employees 1 -----------< Invoices 1 >------ Customers 1

I have a portal on a layout based on Employees 1 with a portal from Tickets 1. In the portal, among other things, I am displaying the customer name field. Everything works fine. My probklem comes when I want to set the sort order for the portal. The dialog only shows fields from the Tickets 1 table. I would like to sort by Customer Name which resides in the customers table. It seems to me that I have been able to sort by fields that are a relationship away from the portal source in the past but I can't quite remember. Am I missing something that will allow me to select fields from the Customers 1 TO to sort by?

Thanks

Ron

• 1. Re: Portal Sort Question
          philmodjunk

By Tickets 1 you mean Invoices 1?

I've encountered the same issue. Only way around it I've seen is to add a field to Invoices that either auto-enters or is a calculation referring to the related sort field. (Auto-entered sorts much quicker, but takes scripted support to update should the original field in the related record be modified.)

• 2. Re: Portal Sort Question
            RonCates

Yes I did mean Invoices 1, sorry. Anyway, I went with the calculated field since the portal in question displays a small set of records so the difference in sorting is negligable.