1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 11:07 AM by SwissMac

Portal sort troubles

PJbreen

Title

Portal sort troubles

I have a customer table, a projects table where each customer can have multiple projects, and a jobs table where each project has many jobs.

From the customer layout, I have a portal to show all related jobs, regardless of date or project, and two more portals to show future and past jobs for one selected project.

For past jobs, I am trying to sort jobs by date in descending order, but all I can get is creation order. Portal showing all jobs sorts by date any way I want. Date is definately a date field., not text.

The relationships for future and past jobs both use a global on the left side to get the selected project, and both use a "today" field to determine if appointment is in the past or future. So for past appointments, relationship includes  today > Job Date.

No matter if I try to sort at relationship level or portal level, I can not get this to sort by date. The only differences between the working portal and the two that won't sort are the global field, and the Today > condition. The relationships work fine, I get exactly the records I want, but they absolutely will not sort.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Thanks.