1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 4:45 PM by philmodjunk

Portal Summary Help

ericjlindholm

Title

Portal Summary Help

I have a event management system.  One event has many day schedules.  one day schedule has many labor records.  The name records contain a name and payment amount.   on the Event layout, I want to summarize the names and amounts owed for the whole event.  if matt works for $100 on day 1 and $200 on day 2, I want to see one portal row show matt is owed $300. 

Thanks

• 1. Re: Portal Summary Help
          philmodjunk

Events----<Schedules----<Labor

The name records contain a name and payment amount.

In what table and how is it related to those I've listed in the first row? From context, I must assume you are describing records in the labor table.

I want to summarize the names and amounts owed for the whole event.  if matt works for $100 on day 1 and $200 on day 2, I want to see one portal row show matt is owed $300.

With the current tables and a portal, this is not possible. But what you describe can be produced on a summary report layout based on the Labor table and this report can include fields from Schedules and Events. That is the most straightforward way to get such event based totals for each person that worked during a given event.

A portal would require another table with one record for each person that worked in the event that then linked Events to a different table occurrence of Labor. Then you have the correct context to get a total for each person for a given event.

Or you can use a single calculation field defined in Events that uses ExecuteSQL to produce what looks much like a portal, but are actually rows and columns of data in a single field: FMP 12 Tip: Summary Recaps (Portal Subtotals)