3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2010 3:28 AM by Jorkau

Portal to list records of non-participating people

Jorkau

Title

Portal to list records of non-participating people

Hi all, I've been struggling for the past few days to find a way for my portal show the information I want it to.  

This is the situation:

I have a list of People in PeopleTable (including a field for age).  I have an ActivityTable that lists activities that people can do (with minimum and maximum ages for each).  I have a SessionTable that lists when people completed an activity.

So it looks something like this:

PeopleTable:PeopleID -------- = ---------- SessionTable:PeopleID 

SessionTable:ActivityName ----------- = ------------- ActivityTable:ActivityName

I have a portal to PeopleTable in ActivityTable that correctly lists everyone who participated in an activity.

What I can't seem to do is get a different portal to PeopleTable that accurately lists everyone who did NOT participate in an activity.

I tried having a separate occurrence of SessionTable with a "not equal" relationship with ActivityTable.  This almost works.  It only lists people who haven't taken part in that activity (which is good).  But it misses the people who didn't partake in any activity.  I guess this is because SessionTable only has records of people who have taken part in some activity.

For example, if John did tennis but not swimming the non-pariticipants portal correctly lists him in the portal when viewing the swimming activity record.  However, if Mary did no activities at all, she won't be listed as a non-participant at all.  I am trying to sort out how to make this work.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jordan