AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal to Portal Relationships

Question asked by dg3321 on Jan 11, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Portal to Portal Relationships

I have created a layout (Layout A), which tracks expenses per month using a portal built into the layout.  Every time a new expense is added to the portal, an expense category is selected via drop down menu.  Each new record in the layout is a new month of the year.

I would like to create a 2nd layout (Layout B) which would track expenses (by category) for the year.  I have 12 different expense categories.  On the left hand side of the page i have a label and field for each expense category.  I'm planning on setting up 12 different portals for each expense category to show the all expenses per category for the year.

Is there a way to set this up so that when i enter a new expense into layout A, it is automatically entered into the correct expense category portal of layout B?

I understand that I could create just 1 portal in layout B, and enter a category for each expense and then have the fields on the left side of the screen show the totals per category, but i like to see the categories sub-summarized in Layout B.

Outcomes