5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 8:43 AM by mplt

Portal Tool/Setup

mplt

Title

Portal Tool/Setup

Hello,

I have a small CRM and want to display the non-paid bills, notes, and renewals that are attached to customers. But I want all the details without regard to selected clients. I can not do it.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Portal Tool/Setup
          RickWhitelaw

The subject of your post is curious. It doesn't seem to have much to do with the problem you're having. Could you provie more details?

• 2. Re: Portal Tool/Setup
            mplt

Sorry, wrong translation.

It's "Portal Setup/Tool" to display records from related tables.

• 3. Re: Portal Tool/Setup
              philmodjunk

A portal requires a relationship to set up, but you have indicated: "I want all the details without regard to selected clients."

A relationship that uses X instead of = will list all records from the related table. That's all I can suggest without knowing quite a bit more about your database, the tables, relationships and what you want to see on the layout.

• 4. Re: Portal Tool/Setup
                mplt

I know this, but since I have 3 portals on the same layout, one of them list all the records. But the two others portals list only thing that belong to the listed records on the first portal! I have try so many X relationships between tables. The first portal is the one that have the same name relationship than the table.

Thank you.
                • 5. Re: Portal Tool/Setup
                  mplt

Playing with relationships, I found out two thing:

First, only one relationship is needed no matter how many portal.

We need to hook this X relationship to the main/master table that have real relationships with tables needed to show in portals.

Thank you for your time, it does help!