For printing yes, for Browse mode, no. For print/preview mode/save as PDF, select the portal and set it to "slide up" in the Inspector, but this does not produce a visible change when in Browse Mode. In Browser mode, use a layout with only 3 portal rows and give it a scroll bar.
The scroll bar is not exactly what I want, but it's ok. I just thought that there could be another way to do it. Thank you !
The problem is, that I want to create a layout with 2 portals among echa other. The option "slide up" just makes the empty records invisible or not ? But I want the portals to be exatly under each other. Is this posible ?
You need to also select "Resize enclosing part" and all objects below the sliding object also need to be set to Slide up/resize enclosing part.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.
I am sorry, but I don't find the option "slide up" in the inspector...
It's on the position tab in the inspector and you refer to it in previous posts so I don't quite understand that question?
My previous post was only a guess of how that function works but I was not able to find it. Thanks for your answer again ! Now it should be possible for me to create my solution. Thank you !
I got it now. Thanks for your answers ! And thanks for your patience, too ! ;)