4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2010 10:23 AM by boopboopdydoop

Portals

boopboopdydoop

Title

Portals

Hello.

I have a layout with a button called "pictures". When I click that button a new layout opens up. On that new layout I would like to display all the pictures I have that are already stored in a seperate layout, each as an indivdual record. However, the pictures have specific model numbers, each with a letter in the front. For example, my outdoor pictures are called "A1", "A2", "A3", etc. And all my pictures are divided up in that way depending on what they are (outdoor, indoor, etc). Back to my first sentence....I have a button called "pictures" on a specific layout. Lets say this layout is only for outdoors. When I press that picture button and the new layout pops up, I would like all the outdoor pictures (all the "A" pictures) to show up. How do I do that?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Portals
          mrvodka

I would suggest using a picture type field to store if it is an outdoor, indoor, etc picture rather than relying on the other field.

You can  write the script so that it goes the the layout that you want and finds the outdoor, indoor, etc pictures. I am not sure how portals play into this because you havent mentioned where they are being used.

• 2. Re: Portals
            boopboopdydoop

I have a portal in the picture layout, but maybe thats not the best choice. I dont know anything about script so I wouldnt know how to do that. Can you help me out?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Portals
              mrvodka
                 Please post your structure, layouts, etc that you currently have.
              • 4. Re: Portals
                boopboopdydoop

"pictures" layout

- record #

- model #

- description

- picture

note: depending on the type of picture (ex: roof curbs, equipment rails, pipe portals, etc) each type has a letter (outdoors = A, indoors = B, etc). If there is more than one outdoor picture it becomes A1, A2, A3, so on and so on. This represents the model#. I have about 150 pictures set up like this.

Next I have a "main Page" layout

- roof curbs (button)

- equipment rails (button)

- pipe portals (button)

note: each button leads to a seperate layout for each category (roof curbs, equipment rails, pipe portals). Lets pretend I pressed the roof curbs button; a new layout opens up.

"roof curbs" layout

- pictures (button)

- drawings (button)

- cut sheets (button)

note: once again each button leads to a seperate layout for each category (pictures, drawings, cut sheets). Lets pretend I pressed the pictures button; a new layout opens up.

"roof curb pictures" layout

- the model# for roof pictures start with the letter "A", therefore, when the layout opens up, I would like all the pictures from the "pictures" layout that have a model# starting with "A" to show up on the layout.