5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 6:00 AM by comment_1

Portals - Blank Records

Dubs

Title

Portals - Blank Records

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to set the portal to NOT display blank records?

Cheers

Steve

• 1. Re: Portals - Blank Records
          mrvodka
             Do you mean the row that looks blank as the last row? If so turn off 'Allow Creation of Records' in your child side of the relationship.
          • 2. Re: Portals - Blank Records
            Dubs

What I am trying to do is not display blank records, ie I have a portal from my contacts table to the events table displaying contacts name/email address etc etc but dont want to see the record if lets say the name is blank.

• 3. Re: Portals - Blank Records
              ninja

A potentially silly question from Ninja...

Dubs wrote:

I have a portal from my contacts table to the events table displaying contacts name/email address etc etc but dont want to see the record if lets say the name is blank.

Why would you have a Contact in your Contacts table without a name?  I can see not having an email address...but no name???
              • 4. Re: Portals - Blank Records
                Dubs

It is actually a lot more complicated than that and it may be a case that I need to change how I am managing my multiple relationships table. I am basically using a link table that then displays contacts via that link table, the problem is this link table has events, organisations and contacts and in some cases i am only linking the events and organisations but the way I have set this up it also then displays the contact through a portal as blank because I have not entered any contact information.

Rather than try to explain this in greater detail im going back to the drawing board :)

• 5. Re: Portals - Blank Records
                  comment_1

You can add a calculation field to the link table such as =

Case ( not IsEmpty ( ContactID ) ; EventID )

and use it as the matchfield instead of EventID.