2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 10:44 PM by tays01s

Portals and filtering

tays01s

Title

Portals and filtering

1. The gist is that I want 3 different DrugLists in 3 different portals on the same Patient layout.

2. Primary relationships are:

Patient::_CalcID --< Calc::__ID

Calc::_IOID --< IO::__ID

IO::__ID --< DrugList::_IOID and

DrugList::_Drugs >--Drugs::__ID

3. How do I add/delete a record, based on the same DrugList table, in 1 portal but not affect the other portals.

Assume there is a good reason for having a single DrugList and Drugs tables.

• 1. Re: Portals and filtering
          SteveMartino

I'm afraid I can't follow your post.  You mention portals and filtering, but don't mention what each of the 3 portals need to do/show.  You could make 2 more TO's of DrugLists, then have each of the 3 DrugLists portals (3 different TO's) filtered to show different records.  Without a clearer understanding, I can't provide any other suggestions.

List your tables and what they mean.  You mentions DrugLists on the Patient layout (2 tables), but then show relationships referencing a "Calc" table and an IO table.  What do these tables do/mean/represent?

• 2. Re: Portals and filtering
            tays01s

OK:

Tables and the direction of 1 to many relationships: Patient < Calc < IO < DrugList > Drugs

3 Portals on Patient layout are for drugs given:  by tube, IV, orally.

I currently have 2 TOs of DrugList: a) The primary one to IO and b) A secondary one (DrugList2) that shows only the records of the selected IO record.

I currently use a script to add new records via the DrugList2 portal using a value list from DrugList; DrugList is limited to 'by tube' drugs by other, hierarchical, relationships. However, for IV and oral routes I can list all drugs for those routes so the relationship will be simple.

I've tried this script in order to produce a new record in DrugsUsed3, but I've failed to keep the focus on this portal, it instead produces a new Patient record.

Set Variable [ $DrugsUsedID; Value:Patient::IO_n ]

Go to Object [ Object Name: "DrugsUsed3" ]
            Go to Layout [ “DrugsUsed” (DrugsUsed) ]

New Record/Request

Set Field [ DrugsUsed::_IOID; $DrugsUsedID ]

Go to Layout [ “Patient_L” (Patient) ]

This topic of producing records from multiple portals from the same table on a single layout was discussed at the end of http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/0796c66657 by PhilModJunkbut the critical line of syntax wasn't mentioned.