AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portals in tabs displaying data based on two criteria

Question asked by JonnyDY on Dec 16, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 by comment_1

Title

Portals in tabs displaying data based on two criteria

I have a two tables, contracts and purchase order log.  I would like to display some of the data in the purchase order log on a layout for contracts, such that if a purchase order has a contract number assigned to it, it appears in a portal on the contracts layout.  However, the purchase order also includes a catergory field, say hardware, paint, glass, appliance, other.  I would like each of these catergorys to be displayed in a different tab within the contracts layout.  It also is required that from the contracts page you can add (via. the portal) to the purchase order log, and vice versa.  My fields on the contracts table include contract no. and my fields on the order log include purchase order no, contract no. and catergory. 

I have tried linking them, but my portals show either all the records or no records at all.

I am new to file maker and trying to convince the company I work for to invest in a database system rather than their very messy series of spreadsheets they currently use.  I am using the latest 30 day trial (of which I have 22days left) on a windows vista pc. 

Many Thanks,

Jonny

Outcomes