1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 4:31 PM by philmodjunk

Portals updating depending on the time

spinny

Title

Portals updating depending on the time

Hi All,

I am almost finished my recruiting database thanks to all the help I get on here.  Something I would like to do is add tournament schedules onto our tournament page.  The tournament info is imported with the following fields:

Date of game

Time of game

Field 

Pool

Team 1

Team 2

In an ideal world I would like to place three portals on the bottom of the screen.  These portals would be self updating (by the current time) and would contain the following information

Previous set of games

Current set of games

Next set of games

There are eight games happening at once.

Once again thank you for taking the time to read this, I am a filemaker newbie with 10 days experience!

Thanks

Andy

• 1. Re: Portals updating depending on the time
          philmodjunk

You can use an unstored calculation field with get ( CurrentTime ) in a relationship to bring up the next set of games in a portal, but it looks like you need some additional data to discriminate between current and previous games.

Tournament::CurrentTime < NextGames::TimeofGame  (NextGames is a table occurrence of your imported tournament schedule)

AND Tournament::TournamentID = NextGames::TournamentID

would work in a portal for next games.

Tournament::CurrentTime > CurrentGames::TimeofGame (CurrentGames is a second table occurrence of the same schedule table.)

AND Tournament::TournamentID = CurrentGames::TournamentID

Might work for both current and previous games if you sort your portals in descending order by start time and simply specify that the previous games portal display 8 rows starting with row 9.