AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portals, Filtering, Summary Totals, Date Range

Question asked by RyanJordan on May 23, 2013
Latest reply on May 24, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Portals, Filtering, Summary Totals, Date Range

Newbie to FMP12...

Currently I have a layout defined as "appendix". On that layout I have added a portal that filter records by a date range. The portal is pulling data from a table occurrence by the name of "school costs". There are two types of school costs. County and State and several entries one when (date) the costs occured.

I have added a field to the portal that summarizes the total county costs for the filtered portal's date range. This only works two ways, by having a running total that adds up each entry in the portal with the previous entry - finally getting to the total when the entries stop. Or has the final total appear next to each entry - this version gets to be confusing as the totals repeat down the list of entries.

What I would like to happen is to have one line that is filtered by date range say 4 yrs. All of the county costs and state costs within that 4 yrs have been totalled in separate fields and the total of both of those costs is also shown.

Suggestions? Additional information needed in order to better understand my issue?

Thanks.

Outcomes