3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 1:00 PM by philmodjunk

portels stays empty

KoosVanRaalte

Title

portels stays empty

if i make a portel it stays empty,

i have watch the move en read the tekst, but i stay have a empty portel, what do i wrong?

portels.jpg

• 1. Re: portels stays empty
          philmodjunk

We need to know what you have tried so far.

Each of those boxes in your screen shot are called "table occurrences". If you open layout setup on the layout where you've tried to add a portal, which one is specified in "Show Records From"?

If you open portal setup by entering layout mode and double clicking the portal, what do you see in "show related records from"? (This is also shown in the lower left corner of the portal when you are in layout mode.)

Did you define any portal filter for your portal?

• 2. Re: portels stays empty
            KoosVanRaalte

Each of those boxes in your screen shot are called "table occurrences". If you open layout setup on the layout where you've tried to add a portal, which one is specified in "Show Records From"?

i have chosen "team" tabel. in the layout where i want to have a vieuw of the team names, in de layout whit  " mensen"

zie fig

If you open portal setup by entering layout mode and double clicking the portal, what do you see in "show related records from"? (This is also shown in the lower left corner of the portal when you are in layout mode.)

Teams [1....10+]

Did you define any portal filter for your portal?

what is that?how can i make this? is this a must?

Koos

• 3. Re: portels stays empty
              philmodjunk

what is that?how can i make this? is this a must?

It is not a requirement, but if you had set one up in Portal setup, it might explain why you don't see any records.

Here's the relationship for your portal:

Mensen::IDH_MensenID = Teams::_ID_MensenID AND
              Mensen::Mensen TeamNaam = Teams::Team Naam

You will only see records in your portal if the related records have matching values in both fields. Including a name (naam) field here seems redundant. You need only record the team name in the teams field. It does not need to also be stored in the Mensen table as long as you have the proper serial number field defined. If a single record in Mensen is supposed to match to multiple records in Team, then  IDH_MensenID should be defined as an auto-entered serial number and it is all you should need to match to all records in Team with the same number.

I don't speak your language so I may be misreading the names here, but can't help wondering if this layout should be based on Team, with a portal to Mensen so that all Mensen records for a given team would be listed in the portal--but that could just be my not knowing what "mensen" means here.