4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 3:34 PM by Kirk_1

Portrait Layout

Kirk_1

Title

Portrait Layout

How do i set up a layout so its already in Portrait print mode?

What i need to print will be in portrait mode and its much easier to set it up by seeing it instead of sideways.

• 1. Re: Portrait Layout
          philmodjunk

When you enter layout mode to create your layout, go to printer setup and select the desired printer, page size and page orientation. You'll then see vertical and horizontal page break lines to guide you in the design of your layout. Any layout object to the right of the vertical page break line will not be printed. Any object below the horizontal line will be printed on the next page.

• 2. Re: Portrait Layout
            Kirk_1

I know where the page break lines are, im hoping to turn them the other way... 

For example i have a paragraph i need to put at the bottom. If i'm not already in Portrait mode i have to type it in sideways... or rotate it..

• 3. Re: Portrait Layout
              philmodjunk

For printing purposes, there is no way to do what you describe when designing the layout. You'll have to use the methods you just described. For data entry--when you are entering data into fields, it's best to use two layouts, one for data entry and one for landscape mode printing.

• 4. Re: Portrait Layout
                Kirk_1

Thank you,

Ill populate it with EDI so it won't be bad, just getting it designed...