AnsweredAssumed Answered

Possible to create a recurring import from image files?

Question asked by lb27 on Jun 9, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Possible to create a recurring import from image files?

I am trying to set up an image database through photographs I have stored on my computer that are not within a program such as aperature or iphoto.  I would like to be able to push these images into container fields automatically when I add a new photograph.tif to my Files folder. 

Is there a way for Filemaker pro 12 to recognize this and create a new content record from the new file within a folder?  

Is there a way for filemaker pro 12 to also recognize the information that is stored within an image file such as image size, resolution, dimensions, bit depth, etc, and import that as well?  

Lastly, is there a way to create a button/script that allows filemaker pro to export the .jpg verison of the image it has referenced as well as creating a button/script that allows filemaker pro 12 to export the .tif version?  The container fileds holding the images in my database are storing the image data externally within a Files folder.  When filemaker pro 12 automatically does this, it creates a .jpg and a .tif version of my file.  My question is regarding access to both of these types of files.  

Thank you!

Outcomes