AnsweredAssumed Answered

Possible to filter a Value List from entries in another database?

Question asked by WorkingOnIt on Apr 14, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Possible to filter a Value List from entries in another database?

Hi, I have two databases. One called "Titles" and one called "Contacts". My Contacts database will contain all company contacts for everything. Each Contact has one or more "contact type" deemed by check boxes.

In my Titles database I want to create a drop-down using a value list created by all the names in the Contacts database. That is working really well. BUT I want to Filter or Sort (not sure if I'm using the right terminology) the names in the Contacts database based on their "contact type" check box. For example, in the Titles database I have a field called "Author". I need to ONLY bring up names that have the "Author" contact type checked.

This is *like* a conditional value list, but I can't seem to get it to work like one.

I am thinking that I may need to write a script that does something like performing the "find" function on the other database before providing the values for the value list... but I'm not sure how the hell to go about it. Thoughts on this greatly appreciated! (Or if this is already answered elsewhere in the forum please point away, I couldn't seem to find anything like it but maybe I just don't have the right search term).

Cheers everyone!

Outcomes