1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 11:12 AM by philmodjunk

Possiblity of creating check boxes to hide and show fields

IcoRer

Title

Possiblity of creating check boxes to hide and show fields

Hi all, firstly want to say I'm glad to become a part of this community as just had this bought for me the other day. Understandably I'm somewhat wet behind the ears when it comes to the intricaces of options on offer but I feel this program is exactly what I've been crying out for.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions in the future, but for now I'd like to find out the possibility (and hopefully some guidance) on how to create checkboxes to hide and show data from specific fields. I apologise if this is covered somewhere but I tried searching, however without all the knowledge of technological terms I wasn't able to find anything directly related to my issue.

I'd be happy to elaborate on my needs if my outline is too vague or sketchy. If it helps I have found there is a similar feature built into the "product catalog" template under the "thumbnails" layout. I've been trying to modify this but can't fathom how to redirect the checkboxes to the fields specific to my needs.

Thoughts & inputs guys & girls, is what I'd like to achieve possible? 

Thanks kindly in advance

• 1. Re: Possiblity of creating check boxes to hide and show fields
          philmodjunk

Elaboration may be necessary.

If it's OK to leave the field visible and just hide the data or to specify field options that only show the field content (transparent fill, no field boundaries...) You can use conditional formatting to make the data in the field invisible.

Is that what you had in mind? (The field appears empty if checkbox value is set even if it contains data...)

You might want to post an example of what you want to do here as there may be alternate approaches that work better...